Friday, July 1, 2011

Watching sesame street!

This furry little guy look familiar?


Jackson just can't get enough of him. Especially since he hasn't been feeling well the last few days. He'll march around the house saying "Elmo, Elmo, Elmo". And if Elmo's not in a particular scene on sesame street, I have to fast forward it to a part with Elmo in it, or to Elmo's world.
We had a particularly rough morning today. Jackson slept really good last night, and this morning when I went to go get him up, he was covered in vomit. He must of thrown up last night soon after I laid him down, cuz he threw up all of his dinner. It was everywhere, and I can't believe instead of waking up and yelling for me, he just laid there and slept in it. So after stripping his bed and clothing and throwing everything in the wash with lots and lots of soap, we lit some candles in his room to try and get the smell out!
All of his sheets and blankets came out smelly yummy, but his pillow still smells like barf, and instead of trying to get it out, I think I'm just gonna throw it away. I'm so sad for him. He now has a fever and a cough, and the worst part is, he's also teething.
I have a nagging suspicion that Jax got sick from a babysitting job we took Wednesday. Her mom asked if I could watch her for an hour or so, and so I said sure. After she brought her over, she didn't want to play or eat, she just wanted to be held, and she had a bad cough. I texted her mom and she tells me that both her and her husband have been sick and Sophie had been clingy like that for a few days! Great. Now Jackson is sick, and we haven't been around any kids or gone anywhere except for the aforementioned incident.
So here we sit watching sesame street, cuz it's about the only thing that will cheer Jackson up. He's not eating or drinking, so I'll have to bribe him with some Popsicles to get him some fluids. So much for a fun 4th of July weekend.
Heres him yesterday chewing his fingers while watching Elmo..


And drinking his bottle...


Let's hope he feels better soon

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I'm so sorry he's sick! And that really stinks about the babysitter thing. I won't pass judgement on the other mommy, but I'm all for FULL DISCLOSURE if there has been any sickness in the house - especially if you're taking your kid around other kids!

    ReplyDelete