Thursday, August 19, 2010

clutter

its time to de-clutter. you know after years of it just being me, and then me and Danny, the small amount of clutter we did have wasn't a big deal. we kept the extra boxes and things in our spare bedroom and it was fine. well that was until Jackson came along. Jackson is in the other room now with our clutter. i really have been feeling guilty cuz i think he should be able to have his own place to play, where i won't get mad if he wants to play with things...because all those things will be his. right now however, that isn't the case. since Jackson has moved in, there is a large desk in his room, our printer and cables, our extra luggage, bins and boxes of things we need to keep, but don't need out right now...and lots of other small things. i love him to death, but now he is in the stage of wanting to touch and explore everything...and that is a problem in his room mainly. anyway there is lots of things that we need to move out of his reach. so yesterday was phase 1. i decided i wanted to get a storage unit down in the basement of our apt complex. its only $30 a month, and for that price i figured that would be perfect for what we need right now...a place to put "stuff". i went to go get the storage unit yesterday only to find out that they couldn't write up the contract b/c their computer was down at the time. i spent pretty much the entire day yesterday cleaning things and going through boxes and stuff and had a bunch of things packed up and ready to be taken down. that wasn't going to happen last night so all the boxes magically got stacked up in our room. today i went down and got the storage unit, and checked it out---it's pretty spacious:) and its just what we need. I was excited to get started moving things down when it started pouring rain. so i decided i had to let it go for now and maybe have Danny help me later. i noticed the massive pile of dishes needing to be done, so instead i got on here:)
here is to finally de-cluttering our house:)
and it will be nice and clean for when my mother-in-law and my sister-in-law come tomorrow! hooray
I realize this is not a picture of me...or of my house....but it pretty much sums up how i feel right now. and soon it should feel like this

ahhhh! now that's what i call relaxing:)

1 comment:

  1. Well, I didn't SEE any boxes or excessive clutter when I was there, so I'm assuming the tranport to the storage room was successful! I don't envy you guys having to go up and down the stairs so many times, though!

    ReplyDelete