Thursday, September 30, 2010

First steps

So over the last few days, Jackson has been taking a few steps on his own. He'll let go of the table and take 2 steps on his own! I can hardly believe it!! He's growing up so fast. As I sat and rocked him today before I laid him down for a nap, as he laid his little head on my shoulder, I couldn't help but think how I wanted to remember this exact moment, i.e. the smell and softness of his hair, the fact that he loves holding onto one of my fingers, for I know all too soon he will be too big for things like sitting with mommy and rocking in the rocking chair! How I will miss him being a baby so much. And even though he is still very much a baby to me, he is quickly becoming a toddler right before my eyes! He's independent and silly and loves to be tickled! He eats everything in sight and I can never get enough hugs and kisses from him. These are the things I've thought of today:)





















































That's all:)

2 comments:

  1. This post gave me such exciting and sad feelings. I'm so excited for our little dude and our wonderful family. I'm sad that we won't get to cuddle him for much longer (at least when he's away and notices :) ).

    Thank you for letting me share in that special moment between mommy and baby. I love you both so so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing how early he's walking! My kids never did anything till they were almost a year old :-P He's so cute!!

    ReplyDelete